The setup of uss-cloudstack-3.0.iso
It is going to build with the composition of "Management", "Agent", and "Storage" by one set of a server using uss-cloudstack-3.0.iso.
When the IP address of a server is 192.168.1.10, how should the IP address and mount point of "Storage" be set up?
The deployment of the CloudStack 3.0 iso supports multiple infrastructure:
- all the components on the same machine (CloudStack Management Console + CloudStack Agent + CloudStack storage).
- Some of the components on different machines. For example, you can have :
* CloudStack Console + CloudStack store on one machine
* One machine with CloudStack Agent
* Another machine with a second CloudStack Agent.
You can then design the infrastructure you want.
Regarding the Storage set up:
- Use existing storage must be used when you have a NAS or SAN already installed in your environnement. The mountpoint MUST already exists (in fact, the deployment logic can not interact with an existing NAS/SAN)
- Set up a storage by using one of the machine on which you installed the ISO and set the IP of this machine. Then, as this machine is part of the deployment (and contains the deployment logic), you can specify the mountpoint you like (/space or /repos for instance) and the deployer will create the NFS share for you.
Hope this help.
Don't hesitate to post questions in this forum if you have other questions.
NFS was set to the server which installed uss-cloudstack-3.0.iso.
It operated, when specifying IP of the server.
Can the network of ZONE be set as an "advance mode"?
The wizard allows you to set up a zone, a pod and and a cluster.
Behind the scene, we are setting up the network. In fact, we are applying CloudStack's recommendations. These settings are not customizable.
I encourage you to set up CloudStack with the UShareSoft CloudStack 3.0 ISO and then :
- use the CloudStack Management Console to modify your network settings
- use CloudStack APIs to automatically do this (in fact, for your information, many of the configurations we do during the deployment use CloudStack APIs)
But how you asking about the concept is not clear plz clear the question and some explain it then may be able to give you answer
Thank you for the good information..Thanks for sharing...